Friday 24 July 2015

DIY : Self Care Box !

Hello !

It's the last day of Self-Love Week ! I really hope you've enjoyed this past weeks posts and that they helped you in some way ! Today I thought we'd do a DIY because why not ? We're going to make a self care to help you pick yourself up when you're feeling a bit crap and need some TLC . Also this will prove to yourself that the only one you need to help you become happy again is you !



1.  The first things I put in my self care box were a couple of sweets because when you're feeling rubbishy .. you need chocolate ! ( If you're lactose intolerant please don't put chocolate in because I really don't want you to die ... that's not what I was going for with this post ) I also put I  what I like to call my hopeful note book. In this notebook I keep all my favourite positive quotes to write on hopeful notes ! I like to write hopeful notes when I'm feeling down because It's kind of therapeutic to write what I need to hear at that moment in time because no matter how rubbish you feel, you're not the only one and you can give someone the comfort that you need :) If you're not a hopeful then still keep a notebook in your box but adapt it to you ! You could use it to write down how you feel, if that's your thing. Or you could plan the future and places you'd like to go to get you feeling a lil bit more optimistic again ! Or you could even switch it for a sketch book if you like drawing :) The final thing I added to this layer was the lush massage bar - Soft Coeur. This massage bar smells so strongly of chocolate that I wanted to eat it ! It's brilliant for your skin and oh my gosh you have to try it. If you'd rather have something that would relax you then I recommended the Lush dreamtime bath melt . To be honest, you need something from lush in there... if for nothing else then because no everything in my box smells gorgeous !

2. Then I thought I needed some things to make me feel better. So I popped in some tissues to dry up any tears and then a face mask and some nail varnish to make yourself feel pampered and special .. because you are special :) I'm loving the Barry M Speedy Quick Dry nail varnish in the shades " Kiss Me Quick" and "Road Rage". They dry ridiculously quick , seriously if you're anywhere near as impatient as me then you need this in your life :) Then to get you laughing again , you need a comedy ! There's nothing like a good giggle to get you back on your feet and for me , Russell Howards Live DingleDodies never fails to make me laugh. No matter how many times I watch it!

3. Finally I added a few bits and bobs to put the smile back in your face. Like Louise Pentland's  ( Sprinkle of Glitter) new book , "Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter " which my sister bought me for my birthday last Sunday and I've read to whole book. It's amazing and full of feel good talk and motivation ! If you haven't read it, you definitely should ! Of course, you could put any book you like in the box, even a colouring book if you don't feel like reading ! I also added some hot chocolate sachets .. hot chocolate will make it all okay , trust me :) Then, just to tip me over the edge, back into complete happiness .. BUBBLES ! I LOVE BUBBLES !!!! They're so much un and so beautiful and I'm going to shut up about bubbles now .. ;)

As well as all this I mixed in lots of quotes and nice messages to myself on scraps of paper :) My favourite quote that I put in my box is :

" Even the darkest hour has only 60 minutes "
- Morris Mandel

But you can put whatever you like in your box ! I'll list a few ideas to get you started and is you have some more then I'd love to hear them in the comments !
  • Comedies
  • Books
  • Sweets
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Candles
  • Bubbles
  • Favourite recipe card
  • Tissues 
  • Facemask
  • Nail Polish
  • Quotes/Poems/Lyrics
  • Bath Products
  • Notebook
  • Jar of favourite memories
  • Photos of loved ones
  • Something that makes you feel good ( E.g. Favourite jewellery or accessory )
Let me know what you'd put in your Self-Care Box and I'd also love to hear what you've thought of this week and if it's helped you at all and if there's any other similar things you'd like to see on this blog in the future :)

Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :)

lots of love, Marianne xxx

Pinterest : Little Hopeful
Twitter : @MyHappyBubbleXx
BlogLovin : Don'tBurstMyBubbleXx



14 comments:

  1. Such a good post! will definitely be trying out this one! x I would put in a few quotes maybe and one of my favourite ornaments or something to add to your list!
    ~ basicallychloe x
    Don't forget to smile! :) ~ x
    www.basicallychloeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you , I'm glad you liked it ! I think adding your favourite ornament is a brilliant idea , especially to add a really personal touch :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  2. This is such a sweet idea! I love the idea of doing this for yourself but what an awesome gift it would also make for a loved one! You are so inspiring, I loved this series Marianne, awesome job! I hope you have the most wonderful weekend! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be brilliant ! I'd love to make this for a friend if they were going through a rough time, you're right that would be a very sweet idea :) I'm really glad you enjoyed it and can I just say thank you because you've checked back for every post this week and it really meant the world to me especially on days that I felt a little tired and unsure about the whole project your comments really picked me up so thank you so so much :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  3. Such a great idea!! It's almost like a little care package for yourself - to help lift you back up again if you're feeling down in the dumps or just need a little inspiration. Happy Friday! :)

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ! I thought it would be wonderful when you're having a bit of an off night just to have something to help yourself start to feel a little better :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  4. Thank you so so so much ! The hopeful notes are one of my favourite projects ever, they're just so full of love and kindness :) I'm honestly delighted that you like it honey :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am honestly going to make myself a self care box :D Adding on to my comment from the last post about taking some time for myself everyday, I'm going to give myself one day out of the week to just relax and pamper myself. I neeeeed to try out lush products! There is no lush store near me, which sucks! but I'm going to try and find something close to it :) Thanks for sharing all of these tips with us <3 I honestly really enjoyed reading all of the post for self love week <3 I think you did such an amazing job on them and I really like the idea behind them :) I definitely wouldn't mind future one's ;) I hope you're having a lovely week Marianne <3

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant idea ! I think I might have to try that :) Lush is amazing, we don't have a store that close to us either but I like using there website ! They have really good descriptions and videos on there as well :)

      https://www.lush.co.uk/

      I'm so so happy you enjoyed this series , It took a lot of work but it's something I'm really passionate about and I'm glad you managed to take something from it :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  6. I definitely need to make myself one of these! It's nice to know that I'll have something to turn to at times when I'm not feeling too hot. I love the quote you shared :) Thank you! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good to have ready for those expectedly rubbish days :) I'm happy you liked it <3

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  7. Marianne, I tagged you in the Summer Bucket List Tag! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! That's really kind of you :) I'll go have a look now <3

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  8. My friend and I are going to build ourselves some happy boxes together (bounce ideas off each other etc.) and this post is everything I was looking for for inspiration. Thank you so much for your suggestions, thoughts, and for sharing your ideas! This is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete